At Expect More Arizona, our relationships with partners in communities throughout the state are essential to ensuring the diverse needs and voices within education are represented in our work. Our Community Engagement Managers play a critical role in building those relationships by serving as the primary representative of Expect More Arizona in all corners of Arizona.
We would like to take a moment to introduce Liz Salazar as our new Community Engagement Manager for Central Arizona. Liz is new to the role but not the organization, having served as the Executive Assistant & Operations Coordinator for over two years.
Liz has extensive experience in the education space and a true passion for education advocacy. Here are 10 fun facts to help you get to know Liz Salazar:
- A native of Arizona
- Graduated from Agua Fria High School in Avondale
- Enjoys pickling food
- Has a BA in journalism with a concentration in media analysis & criticism from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism & Mass Communication at ASU
- Served in the Peace Corps in 2008; located in Nicaragua where she worked as a middle and high school teacher
- Lived in Spain for eight months and taught English, Early Childhood Education, and Culture to high school students
- Worked as a corporate trainer at Apollo Group
- Enjoys exploring Arizona vineyards
- Currently serves as a board member of Young Nonprofit Professionals Network
- Volunteers at New Pathways for Youth
The post Expect More Arizona’s New Community Engagement Manager – 10 Things to Know appeared first on Expect More Arizona.